WASH Project Assistants
At least 5 years of experience in implementation of Health and WASH related in projects in development context with international INGOs or UN agencies
Dushanbe, Kulob, Bokhtar and Shahritus
for 1 year with possibility of extension
Good Neighbors is an International non-profit humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. Good Neighbors International works in 44 countries and focus on community development to protect children’s rights and encourage the self-reliance of community.
Good Neighbors exists to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. Good Neighbors respects the human rights of the most vulnerable regardless of age, gender, culture, ethnicity, disability and religion and helps them live in self-reliance.
In alignment with our mission, Good Neighbors believes that all people’s human rights should be respected, and we recognize that we have a responsibility to protect their rights and to prevent any form of harm. Therefore, Good Neighbors has zero-tolerance towards any action that leads to the physical, sexual and/or psychological harm, violence, exploitation and emotional abuse especially for children (any person under the age of 18), women and vulnerable adults.
Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All employees and partners must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause, please see https://www.goodneighbors.org/who/account .
Good Neighbors International in Tajikistan (GNIT) has been working in Tajikistan since 1998. The objective of GNIT is to improve the lives of people, especially children through education, community as well as emergency relief projects. GNIT is working with the key stakeholders such as Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labor and migration, Committee of Women Affairs, Local authorities, INGOs UN and donor agencies such as, EU, GIZ, UNICEF, WFP, and others in an integrated approach to connect poor and vulnerable communities to quality education, health, water and sanitation services.
Good Neighbors International in Tajikistan is currently looking for an experienced WASH Project Assistant for the upcoming UNICEF funded Project “Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)” based in Dushanbe, Kulob, Bokhtar and Shahritus.
This work must ensure donor expectations are met and projects are successfully implemented.
- Program implementation and planning
- Conduct training to beneficiaries on WASH.
- Provide constant mentoring and coaching to trained teachers, children and community members involved to WASH activities.
- Assist Project Coordinator in planning of WASH activities.
- Represent organization in external donor, INGO and government conferences, round tables, and meetings at regional level.
- Provide constants and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and ensure integration, coherence, and harmonization of WASH with other GNIT sectors, for the achievement of the WASH output results.
- Program monitoring and delivery of results
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programs reviews and annual sectorial reviews with DME team and participate on preparing of results-based reports for required action/interventions to senior level of the GNIT program management.
- Document best practice and lessons learnt
- Assist in development of the GNIT WASH activities outcomes and outputs results, related indicators, baselines, targets and means of verification.
- Knowledge Management and Learning:
- In-depth knowledge of WASH situation in Tajikistan.
- Excellent knowledge of implementation on WASH program.
- Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities.
- Introduce target communities with GNIT WASH project objectives and activities and provide implementation of activities in accordance to proposed by project requirements.
- Conduct trainings, education sessions and awareness campaigns in accordance to the project requirements.
- Support project on conducting of assessments and surveys with necessary data gathering actions.
- University Degree preferably in Public Health or Medical, with graduating of couple of courses at the area of WASH, nutrition, control of communicable and non-communicable diseases, policy and strategy design.
- Experience in modules and reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Good in written and spoken in English, Tajik.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ONLY GOOD NEIGHBORS INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION FORM SHALL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SHORT-LIST, recommendation letters are welcomed. Please download attached GNT-Application-Form fill it and send to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com .
For additional information: