TERMS OF REFERENCE / SCOPE OF WORK
|Solicitation Title:||Non-clinical technical consultant|
|Project Number (Top Level Only)||102533.063.001.001.001|
|Submit Proposal to:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Date of Issue of RFP:||October 12th, 2021|
|Date Proposal Due:||23:59 (EST), October 21th, 2021|
|Approximate Date Consultant Contract Issued to Successful Candidate(s):||October 2021|
|Number of consultants:||1 (one)|
|Method of Submittal:|
|Respond via e-mail with attached document in MS Word / pdf format.
The Consultant agrees to hold the prices in its offer firm until Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan finalizes the consultant agreement approval process.
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking one qualified candidate(s) for short-term assignments as Non-clinical technical consultant to conduct trainings for technical staff of medical facilities, which are responsible for maintenance of oxygen equipment in these facilities.
The position(s) will be based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan with possible visits to the selected facilities.
Tajikistan Project Descriptions:
Under the USAID-funded Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project, Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan has received funding to support the COVID-19 response in Tajikistan focused on strengthening the oxygen (O2) ecosystem by conducting trainings for technical staff of medical facilities, which are responsible for maintenance of oxygen equipment in these facilities.
Scope of Work
The technical consultant will conduct training sessions on the maintenance of oxygen equipment for technical staff of medical facilities who have received or are planning to receive PSA plants. This position is available to Tajik citizens or residents who have the appropriate permission and live in Tajikistan.
Illustrative duties and responsibilities
- Conducting trainings for technical staff of medical facilities responsible for maintenance of oxygen equipment on oxygen production and maintenance of oxygen equipment;
- Support in the development of any documentation related to non-clinical technical assistance;
- Mentor clinical leaders at project sites in planning and monitoring of ongoing non-clinical TA;
- Assist in developing Standards of Practice and/or Protocols and/or documentation templates for ongoing use at the project sites and/or nationally;
- Assist with the preparation of project deliverables and documents for assigned portfolio or country programs related to the PSA plant and piping installation;
- Provide inputs to the development of guidance, tools and materials related to the management of piping systems at facility level;
- Participates in the preparation, review/approval and submission of materials on behalf of the Project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Location of Work
This work will take place in Dushanbe, Tajikistan and select regions across Tajikistan.
10-15%, within Tajikistan.
Timing and time frame:
The duration of the task is 2 (two) months. The services will be provided at the request of the Family Health International Branch (FHI 360) in the Republic of Tajikistan.
Procedure for payment of rendered services:
Payment of rendered services is carried out upon the fact of their provision, in Tajik somoni, minus taxes, according to the agreement.
Timetable and Address for Submission
Proposals are due no later than 23:59 EST on 21 October 2021. Required documentation in English or Russian listed below must be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Bachelor of Science in biomedical engineering, chemical process engineering, mechanical, industrial Engineering, other relevant area of study, or local equivalent required, Advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of working in medical facility;
- At least 3 years of teaching experience or conducting trainings;
- Demonstrated expertise in the management of medical oxygen and related equipment such as PSA/VSA, Oxygen Concentrators and Cylinders;
- Strong leadership, coordination, and capacity building skills;
- Experience conducting PSA related constructions and piping;
- Experience conducting hospital level and/or regional/national supply chain capability and optimization assessments.
- Knowledge of Oxygen regulatory and accreditation standards as they relate to International organizations, such as Joint Commission (International).
- In-depth understanding of local health sector context and capabilities.
- Prior experience working with USAID and/or other donors preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow, being responsive to partners and donors, and troubleshooting issues;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Ability to work well with others and to facilitate positive interactions among project partners, staff, sub-partners, consultants, and recipients of assistance;
- Russian and Tajik language fluency required; professional working knowledge of English will be an advantage.
Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria: Award will be based upon candidate’s technical experience; background working in the target technical field; language capacity in Russian, Tajik, and English; as well as proposed daily rate.
Proposals must include the following components in English or Russian:
- Submit the following materials directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and
- Please indicate in the subject line: Non-clinical technical consultant
- Letter of interest or cover letter, including daily rate
- FHI 360 Biodata form
FHI 360 Disclaimers
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan may perform a background check on any selected Consultant candidates;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan may cancel the solicitation and not award;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan may reject any or all responses received;
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by the Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan will not compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities;
Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition.