The USAID-funded Agribusiness Competitiveness Activity in Tajikistan (ACAT) will improve the competitiveness of Tajikistan’s agribusiness enterprises, leading to increased economic development, employment, and livelihoods. Winrock International is implementing ACAT using a market-driven, private sector-led approach and Making Cents International, as Winrock’s partner, focuses its efforts on helping women and youth meaningfully participate in and benefit from all ACAT’s activities.
ACAT seeks a talented, intellectually curious individual to serve as an intern with one of our financial institution partners located in Khatlon province. In this position you will use your strong administrative, organizational, and mathematical skills to support a microfinance institution’s credit department.
As an ACAT intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on professional experience while being exposed to the steps in the credit assessment process. You will also have access to and learn from numerous professionals working in microfinance. Dedicated time will be set aside to ensure you are able to learn about subject matters of interest to you, and to participate in professional development activities.
Specifically, you will:
- Support a microfinance institution’s credit assessment process by analyzing clients’ financial records
- Provide support with administrative tasks including organizing files and taking notes
- Interact with clients by helping them fill out forms, answering questions, and other customer service tasks as needed
- Update templates and forms, calendars, and manuals
- Fluent in Tajik
- Interest in finance
- Strong skills in mathematics
- Excellent computer skills
- Responsible, proactive, and flexible
- Able to work in Khatlon province
Our ideal candidates are:
- Graduates of finance, economics, accounting, or similar field
- Fluent in Tajik and Uzbek
- Professional in their demeanor
Young women strongly encouraged to apply.
Required equipment provided. The internship may be a minimum of 20 hours per week and up to 40 hours per week, upon mutual agreement of the selected individual and ACAT.
COVID Safety Measures:
Interns will be familiarized with all safety requirements related to coronavirus spread prevention measures and will adhere to all required safety requirements including provision of negative COVID-19 test or vaccination prior to join ACAT partners’ enterprises.
Please complete the online application here: https://forms.gle/GwyF4KCtfMzUvHLd7
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.