Helvetas Intercooperation is an international development organization anchored in Switzerland. With head offices in Switzerland, Germany and the USA, Helvetas Intercooperation is working in 29 countries in Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner. We bring about real change in the lives of over three million disadvantaged people every year worldwide.
Since 2009 Helvetas Intercooperation is represented in Tajikistan. We implement development projects in the areas of water and sanitation, irrigation, agriculture & nutrition, economic development, democracy & peace, and climate & environment. Helvetas also provides emergency response in case of natural disasters.
We are looking for a:
|FINANCE OFFICER 100% of involvement, based in Dushanbe|
Type of assignment: Long term agreement.
Entry date: July 2021.
- Preparation, filing and provision of local reports to governmental authorities in accordance to the local legislation and legal requirements;
- Ensuring compliance of project and office activities in line with local legislation, regulations, policies, agreements/contracts, and budgets;
- Check implementing partners’ reports to ensure compliance to terms and conditions of the contract, internal and national regulations;
- Assist with the internal and external audits by providing the necessary information and preparing all the required documents;
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities;
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations, journal entries, consolidation of financial statements and management reporting;
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of all financial transactions in accordance to local legislation and internal procedures;
- Prepares local staff payroll in accordance to contracts, local legislation and internal procedures, calculation and payment of annual leaves, certified sick leaves, maternity leaves, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining payroll with relevant detail, deduction of taxes and other obligatory payments to appropriate authorities;
- Acts as a signatory for cash/bank documents, financial and statistical reports to governmental authorities;
- Other financial management duties assigned by management.
- University Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at the national level, preferably in an international agency in a similar capacity providing management advisory services and/or managing finance and administration and operational systems;
- Extensive experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, in particular accounting software; Knowledge of 1C accounting software is a high advantage
- Ability to set priorities and accomplish multiple tasks consecutively;
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Leads teams effectively and shows mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Solid knowledge in human resources management, contract, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, general administration;
- Zero tolerance towards fraud or misuse of office resources;
- Very good knowledge of local legislation related to taxation, finance and administration;
- Very good knowledge of International and local accounting Standards;
- Very good working experience with accounting software;
- Ability to do accurate accounting in multiple currencies;
- Excellent written and oral English, Tajik/ Russian language.
WE OFFER YOU
Attractive working conditions in a small and dynamic team.
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, CV, 3 references contacts by June 27, 2020. Please send your electronic application to both E-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and Projects.TJK@helvetas.org
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.