Request for Consultant Services Proposal (RFP)
|Solicitation Title:||Engineering Technical Consultants|
|Project Number (Top Level Only)||102533|
|Submit Proposal to:||FHI360Tajikistan@fhi360.org|
|Date of Issue of RFP:||1st July 2021|
|Date Proposal Due:||23:59 EST on 9th July, 2021|
|Approximate Date Consultant Contract Issued to Successful Candidate(s):||July 2021|
|Method of Submittal:|
|Respond via e-mail with attached document in MS Word / pdf format.
The Consultant agrees to hold the prices in its offer firm until FHI 360 finalizes the consultant agreement approval process.
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking one or multiple qualified candidate(s) for short-term assignments as Engineering Technical Consultants to manage and coordinate the construction and piping activities for installation of new pressure swing absorption (PSA) plants in medical facilities of Bokhtar, Panjakent and Konibodom.
The position(s) will be based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan with frequent visits to the selected facilities.
Tajikistan Project Descriptions:
Under the USAID-funded Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project, FHI 360 has received funding to support the COVID-19 response in Tajikistan focused on strengthening the oxygen (O2) ecosystem by preparing select facilities to install oxygen PSA plants. In addition, FHI 360 is a subcontractor to Chemonics International under the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Chain Management project (GHSC-PSM) that is being funded to strengthen the O2 ecosystem in selected countries. Under GHSC-PSM, in Tajikistan FHI 360 is serving as a clinical technical assistance (TA) subcontractor to address the need for training of health care providers in clinical care of COVID-19 patients to ensure maximum impact of improved O2 ecosystems.
Scope of Work
The Engineering Technical Consultant(s) will provide TA and oversight of the construction process of the selected facilities in preparation of arrival and installation of the PSA plants as well as ensuring quality installation of oxygen piping. The exact activities included in this role will vary depending on the current infrastructure at the identified sites. The consultancy(s) are open to Tajik residents or residents with legal authorization already living in Tajikistan.
Illustrative duties and responsibilities
- Conduct pre-construction work assessment of oxygen piping systems in the selected health facilities and revise the construction contractor scope of work, describing specification, material selection criteria, necessary equipment, construction plan, location, inspection and examination (including pressure testing), general safety instruction, etc.;
- Participate in the selection of the vendor for the construction and piping, assess their proposals and technical specifications, including quality parameters and offered standards;
- Provide coordination and technical oversight of the selected vendor as they conduct the construction work;
- Participate in stakeholder engagement activities and provide updates about construction and piping processes;
- Support in any documentation related to the non-clinical technical assistance;
- Mentor clinical leaders at project sites in planning and monitoring of ongoing non-clinical TA;
- Assist in developing Standards of Practice and/or Protocols and/or documentation templates for ongoing use at the project sites and/or nationally;
- Assist with the preparation of project deliverables and documents for assigned portfolio or country programs related to the PSA plant and piping installation;
- Provide inputs to the development of guidance, tools and materials related to the management of piping systems at facility level;
- Contribute to the preparation, review/approvals process, and submission of materials on behalf of the Tajikistan Oxygen Ecosystem project;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Location of Work
This work will take place in Dushanbe, Tajikistan and select regions across Tajikistan.
60-70%, within Tajikistan.
Timetable and Address for Submission
Proposals are due no later than 23:59 EST on 9th July, 2021. Required documentation in English or Russian listed below must be e-mailed to FHI360Tajikistan@fhi360.org
- Bachelor of Science in biomedical engineering, chemical process engineering, mechanical, industrial Engineering, other relevant area of study, or local equivalent required, Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in medical facility settings.
- Demonstrated expertise in the management of medical oxygen and related equipment such as PSA/VSA, Oxygen Concentrators and Cylinders.
- Strong leadership, coordination, and capacity building skills.
- Experience conducting PSA related constructions and piping.
- Experience conducting hospital level and/or regional/national supply chain capability and optimization assessments.
- Knowledge of Oxygen regulatory and accreditation standards as they relate to International organizations, such as Joint Commission (International).
- In-depth understanding of local health sector context and capabilities.
- Prior experience working with USAID and/or other donors preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow, being responsive to partners and donors, and troubleshooting issues;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Ability to work well with others and to facilitate positive interactions among project partners, staff, sub-partners, consultants, and recipients of assistance;
- Russian and Tajik language fluency required; professional working knowledge of English will be an advantage.
Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria: Award will be based upon candidate’s technical experience; background working in the target technical field; language capacity in Russian, Tajik, and English; as well as proposed daily rate.
Proposals must include the following components in English or Russian:
- Submit the following materials directly to FHI360Tajikistan@fhi360.org and
- Please indicate in the subject line: Tajikistan Engineering Technical Consultants
- Letter of interest or cover letter, including daily rate
- FHI 360 Biodata form
FHI 360 Disclaimers
- FHI 360 may perform a background check on any selected Consultant candidates.
- FHI 360 may cancel the solicitation and not award
- FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI 360
- FHI 360 reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions
- FHI 360 will not compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation
- FHI 360 reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
- FHI 360 may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities
- FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition
- FHI 360’s consultant terms and conditions can be found here