TERMS OF REFERENCE / SCOPE OF WORK
|Solicitation Title:||Clinical technical consultant|
|Project Number (Top Level Only)||102533.063.001.001.001|
|Submit Proposal to:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Date of Issue of RFP:||October 12, 2021|
|Date Proposal Due:||23:59 (EST), October 21, 2021|
|Approximate Date Consultant Contract Issued to Successful Candidate(s):||October 2021|
|Number of consultants:||6 (six)|
|Method of Submittal:|
|Respond via e-mail with attached document in MS Word / pdf format.
The Consultant agrees to hold the prices in its offer firm until Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan finalize the consultant agreement approval process.
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking six qualified candidate(s) for short-term assignments as Clinical technical consultants to conduct trainings for medical staff of medical facilities, who work directly in the management of patients with hypoxic conditions and those responsible for prevention and infection control in these facilities and develop and update national COVID-19 protocols:
- 1. infectiologist;
- medical trainer.
The positions will be based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan with possible visits to the selected facilities.
Tajikistan Project Descriptions:
Under the USAID-funded Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project, Branch FHI 360 in Republic of Tajikistan has received funding to support the COVID-19 response in Tajikistan focused on strengthening the oxygen (O2) ecosystem by conducting trainings for medical staff of medical facilities and developing and updating national COVID-19 protocols.
Scope of work
The technical consultants will conduct training sessions for medical personnel of medical institutions who have received or are planning to receive PSA plants on the following topics:
- Therapeutic and supportive care for hypoxic patients.
- Clinical examination and triage/separation of patients.
- Infection prevention and control (IPC).
- Post COVID-19 clinical support and rehabilitation.
The consultants will also be responsible for developing and updating the following COVID-19 protocols:
- Developing and updating COVID-19 clinical protocol;
- Developing clinical protocol for managing of hypoxic patients;
- Developing post COVID-19 clinical support and rehabilitation guideline.
These positions are available to Tajik citizens or residents who have the appropriate permission and live in Tajikistan.
Illustrative duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and updating of the project workplan;
- Contribute to the learning needs assessment and work with Branch FHI360 in RT to adapt the curriculum;
- Participation in technical meetings with the Ministry of Health and key government stakeholders to plan training of trainers (TOT) for physicians and nurses working in the selected medical facilities;
- Conducting trainings for medical staff of medical facilities;
- Participation in the development and updating of clinical protocols on COVID-19;
- Support in any documentation related to the clinical technical assistance;
- Mentor clinical leaders at project sites in planning and monitoring of ongoing non-clinical TA;
- Assist in developing Standards of Practice and/or Protocols and/or documentation templates for ongoing use at the project sites and/or nationally;
- Assist with the preparation of project deliverables and documents for assigned portfolio or country programs related to the PSA plant and piping installation;
- Provide inputs to the development of guidance, tools and materials related to the management of piping systems at facility level;
- Contribute to the preparation, review/approvals process, and submission of materials on behalf of the COVID -19 project;
- Performs other assigned duties.
Location of Work
This work will take place in Dushanbe, Tajikistan and select regions across Tajikistan.
30-40%, within Tajikistan.
Timing and time frame:
The duration of the task is 12 (twelve) months with a three-month probationary period and the possibility of renewal of the contract. The services will be provided at the request of the Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan.
Procedure for payment of rendered services:
Payment of rendered services is carried out upon the fact of their provision, in Tajik somoni, minus taxes, according to the agreement.
Timetable and Address for Submission
Proposals are due no later than 23:59 EST on 21 October 2021. Required documentation in English or Russian listed below must be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Higher medical education in pulmonology, anesthesiology, intensive care, infectious diseases and/or epidemiology;
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in developing clinical training materials and/or clinical training experience;
- A minimum of eight years of clinical experience in the above specializations; Experience with the Ministry of Health and/or COVID-19 and/or oxygen ecosystem response programs is an additional advantage;
- Demonstrated experience working independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow, being responsive to partners and donors, and troubleshooting issues;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Ability to work well with others and to facilitate positive interactions among project partners, staff, sub-partners, consultants, and recipients of assistance;
- Russian and Tajik language fluency required; professional working knowledge of English will be an advantage.
Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria: Award will be based upon candidate’s technical experience; background working in the target technical field; language capacity in Russian, Tajik, and English; as well as proposed daily rate.
Proposals must include the following components in English or Russian:
- Submit the following materials directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and
- Please indicate in the subject line: Clinical technical consultant
- Letter of interest or cover letter, including daily rate
- FHI 360 Biodata form
Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan Disclaimers
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan may perform a background check on any selected Consultant candidates;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan may cancel the solicitation and not award;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan may reject any or all responses received;
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by the Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan will not compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities;
- Branch of Family Health International (FHI 360) in Tajikistan reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition.