Helvetas Intercooperation is an international development organization anchored in Switzerland. With head offices in Switzerland, Germany and the USA, Helvetas Intercooperation is working in 29 countries in Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner. We bring about real change in the lives of over three million disadvantaged people every year worldwide. In Tajikistan we implement development projects in the area of Water and Sanitation, Irrigation, Agriculture & Nutrition, Economic development, Democracy & Peace, and Climate & Environment. Helvetas also provides emergency response after disasters.
SHORT-TERM NATIONAL EXPERT On water Monitoring
consultancy within the framework of the SDC NWRM Project in Tajikistan
We are looking for a:
The overall objective of the SDC National Water Resources Management Project in Tajikistan, implemented by the consortium of Helvetas and ACTED, is to improve the livelihoods of rural population in the Tajik part of Syr Darya River Basin through integrated water resources management. Integrated water resource management requires an effective water monitoring system that can provide quality data on water resources, surface and groundwater, both quality and quanity. In the Tajik part of Syr Darya River Basin the water monitoring of surface water is perfomed by the Sughd Centre for Hydrometeorology, and the groundwater monitoring is performed by the Kayrakum Complex Geological Expedition.
The specific objectives of National Expert are as follows:
- Assisting the International Expert in conducting a rapid assessment of water quality monitoring in the Tajik part of Syr Darya River Basin and in developing recommendations on short-term and low-cost improvement measures to provide quality and reliable water data for the basin management planning and monitoring.
- Assist the International Expert and the Sughd Centre for Hydrometeorology and Kayrakum Complex Geological Expedition in conducting a water quality monitoring study and in preparation of Report on results of the water quality monitoring study.
- Provide an expert assistance to the Water Monitoring Working Group under the RBC in discussing on the results of the water quality monitoring study and in developing recommendations for improving the water monitoring in the Tajik part of Syr Darya River Basin.
The National Expert on Water Monitoring shall possess the following qualification:
- Minimum master’s degree in hydrology/ environment/ water management and governance, or in a relevant field.
- More than five years of professional experience in water sector, including minimum three years of professional experience in water monitoring.
- Experience in the Central Asia, and specifically in Tajikistan will be an asset.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, communication, and reporting skills.
- Knowleadge of Tajik, and good written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Russian will be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter with proposed daily fee in TJS and CV with information on your relevant experience by March 27th, 2023. Please send your application to Tajikistan-ADM@helvetas.org and email@example.com. For additional information, please contact us Tajikistan-ADM@helvetas.org and firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline date.