Request for Expression of Interest
Country: Republic of Tajikistan
Implementing Agency: State Institution “Project Implementation Unit for Access to Green and Rural Development Finance” under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Tajikistan
Project Name: Agriculture Commercialization Project (additional financing)
Deadline for submission: March 11, 2021 until 17:00 (local time)
The Government of Tajikistan, with the assistance of the World Bank, is implementing a five-year Agricultural Commercialization Project (ACP). One of the common targets of ACP is to increase the commercialization and growth of agricultural and agribusiness products by improving the efficiency of selected value chains and supporting the development of productive partnerships between producers, processors and traders by increasing access to finance and capacity building of the project beneficiaries.
The World Bank has approved additional financing that supports the government’s program to promote private sector development, including providing opportunities for receiving income and employment for returning migrants and other start-up entrepreneurs (including women, youth and people with disabilities).
A new component has been added to support potential target groups of entrepreneurs with entrepreneurship training, business development services (BDS) and start-up support, as well as pilot innovation approaches to promote entrepreneurship and job creation. The component will attempt to address identified market gaps, such as lack of basic business skills and knowledge (legal, financial, tax), access to finance, as well as skills and knowledge of potential entrepreneurs, lack of collateral for obtaining loans (especially for women); high interest rates, excessive taxation.
The state institution “Project Implementation Unit for Access to Green and Rural Development Finance” under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Tajikistan (PIU MF RT) within the framework of the Agricultural Commercialization Project (additional financing) invites interested candidates to express their interest in the following vacancy positions in Bokhtar city of Khatlon region:
- Position 1: Manager of Business Incubator (BI);
- Position 2: Financial Management Specialist/Office Manager;
- Position 3: Lawyer.
The purpose of the advisory services is to help villagers to build effective, self-reliant and sustainable businesses led by youth, women and businesses led by people with disabilities/employing them, as a means of developing stronger, equitable, inclusive and prosperous rural economy.
The tasks and scope of work of BI Manager are as follows:
- Management of the Business Incubator (BI) and ensuring timely, continuous and efficient operation of the BI within the framework of component II.A of the Project. Including supervision, implementation, public awareness campaigns, financial management, capacity building programs, monitoring and evaluation, and other BI issues;
- Review all official documents, proposals and implementation plans related to component II. A of the Project and submit them to the PIU Director for approval;
- Monitor the daily activities of the BI. The BI Manager is the contact person for all external parties interested in the job and possible accommodation opportunities. If necessary, in agreement with the PIU Director, the BI Manager can give advice to the BI staff and technical assistance consultants on any issues related to the BI activities;
- Conduct an in-depth review of BI finances and management with a view to organizing regular semi-annual review missions of the World Bank;
- Liaise with the PMU “Development of Entrepreneurship in Agriculture (DEA)” on all issues related to the Project; consider any general issues related to the Project (such as baseline survey, etc.) in collaboration with the PMU DEA.
Qualification requirements for BI Manager:
- University degree in finance, economics, business administration or their equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the public and/or private sector, experience in the financial sector and business incubator is preferable;
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a managerial position;
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with the World Bank or other donor organizations;
- Good computer skills MS Word, MS Excel;
- Preferably fluent in Tajik, Russian, English.
The tasks and scope of work of Financial Management Specialist/Office Manager are as follows:
- Management of computerized accounting and accounting system 1C;
- Maintain accounting records, ensure proper control over the financial resources of the business incubator of the Ministry of Finance, their movement and payments in accordance with the accepted accounting procedures and standards of the Republic of Tajikistan, in accordance with the requirements of the World Bank;
- Processing of reports of components and primary documents, introduction of all operations and daily banking operations in the 1C accounting program according to the bank statement;
- Preparing all evidence and supporting documents about the expenses of the business incubator of the Ministry of Finance, accompanying the application for revocation of the license;
- Processing of financial statements for all tangible and intangible assets, participation in the annual inventory of the Business Incubator of the Ministry of Finance and its equipment;
- Creation and operation of a financial management system for the Business Incubator of the Ministry of Finance; Ensure that all project accounts are maintained in accordance with relevant World Bank guidelines and regulations;
- Maintain procedures for the collection, verification and preparation of documentation required to verify vendor invoices. Recording of payment documents and payments to suppliers. Ensure that all payments are made on time, in accordance with the terms of the contract, as well as relevant guidelines, regulations, legal agreements and other applicable documents of the World Bank;
- Participate in the preparation of the Project’s annual budget. Carry out financial planning in cooperation with a procurement specialist;
- Preparation of the annual financial statements of the Business Incubator of the Ministry of Finance for the audit, coordination of audit procedures for the Project and cooperation with auditors;
- Ensure the reliability of the project accounting system for the preparation of quarterly interim unaudited financial statements (IFRS). Prepare and submit to the World Bank quarterly IFRSs within the timeframe and manner specified in the legal agreements;
- Cooperate with World Bank missions in conducting regular financial management supervision of the Project and taking due account of the comments and recommendations provided;
- Liaise with tax authorities, statistics and social security authorities, as well as other budgetary institutions on all issues related to the functioning of the Business Incubator of the Ministry of Finance; assess and timely make tax payments to the state budget;
- Carry out all other financial responsibilities as required, ensuring that the financial management requirements of the MoF Business Incubator are fulfilled on time;
- Management of the Business Incubator of the Ministry of Finance, ensuring the full functioning of the workplace and compliance with local and international health and safety standards;
- Management of accounts of the business incubator of the Ministry of Finance using an appropriate system. Office Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all relevant guidelines are followed and all deadlines are met;
- Assisting in the preparation and execution of the annual budget of the MoF Business Incubator and all related documentation such as requests for expenditures, cash statements, budget revisions, etc.
- Liaise with partner organizations of the Business Incubator of MoF on administrative issues related to the project activities;
- Be responsible for personnel matters;
- Maintain in due order all management, financial, procurement, administrative and personnel documents;
- Provide assistance in the implementation of special project activities as required.
Qualification requirements for the Financial Management Specialist/Office Manager:
- Higher education in finance, economics or a similar relevant discipline;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of accounting / finance in accordance with international standards and requirements of international financial institutions, working experience with World Bank financed projects;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience with the World Bank or other donor organizations;
- Deep knowledge of accounting and financial procedures, including a working knowledge of IFRS, Tajik accounting and tax legislation;
- Computer literacy, in particular knowledge of Microsoft Excel and related accounting software.
- Excellent knowledge of Tajik and Russian languages, as well as good knowledge of English.
The tasks and scope of work of the Lawyer are as follows:
- Provision of legal advice and draft legal documents for the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Tajikistan in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan. Examples of such documents would include, but are not limited to, refinancing agreements with PFI / PFO;
- Conducting legal due diligence of the financial indicators of potential PFI / PFO before their selection, as well as monitoring the legal status and changes of PFI / PFO; and
- Provide legal advice on legal and regulatory frameworks for green finance and private sector development in Tajikistan, if necessary.
- Develops constituent documents; carries out the registration of legal entities, the issue of securities, determines the legal basis for the activities of the PIU bodies.
- Checks the compliance with the legislation of draft orders, instructions, regulations and other legal documents submitted for signature to the head of the enterprise; checks compliance with the stages of approval of draft documents with responsible employees; approves draft documents; issues instructions to the responsible employees of the enterprise on the introduction of changes or cancellation of acts in connection with changes in the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- Conducts contractual work at the enterprise: develops draft contracts; checks the compliance with the legislation of draft contracts submitted to the enterprise by counterparties; carries out notarization or state registration of certain types of contracts.
- Conducts claims work in the PIU: ensures the registration of incoming claims and their consideration; prepares responses to received claims and makes draft decisions on the satisfaction or rejection of received claims; prepares claims, sends them to contractors and monitors the satisfaction of claims sent to contractors.
- Conducts a trial: takes measures to comply with the pre-trial procedure for resolving contractual disputes; prepares statements of claim and materials and submits them to arbitration courts; considers copies of statements of claim on claims against the enterprise; represents the interests of the enterprise in arbitration courts;
- Participates in the development of documents related to the issues of ensuring the safety of the property of the enterprise (agreements on material liability; instructions establishing the procedure for receiving and accepting material assets at the enterprise, accounting for their movement; instructions for recording the release and release of finished products).
- Checks the legality of dismissal and transfer of employees, and imposes disciplinary sanctions on them.
- Represents the interests of business entities when conducting inspections at an enterprise by state regulatory authorities in order to exercise legal control over the observance of procedural actions by inspectors, the validity and correctness of the findings of an inspection, conducting inspections and preparing procedural documents.
- Provides written and oral advice to company employees on various legal issues, provides legal assistance in drafting legal documents.
Qualification requirements for the Lawyer:
- Higher legal education, at least 2 years of working experience;
- Knowledge of civil, business, administrative, labor, financial, procedural (arbitration and civil) branches of law;
- At least 2 years of working experience as a practicing lawyer with knowledge of the legislation of Tajikistan, with specific knowledge and experience in the field of microfinance.
- Fluency in Tajik and Russian, English will be an advantage.
The selection and recruitment of consultants will be carried out by method “IC – Individual Consultant” according to the World Bank procedures in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines “Procurement Rules for FIP Borrowers; Procurement under Financing Investment Projects – Goods, Works, Non-Consulting Services and Advisory Services, July 2016, revised in November 2017 and August 2018.
Interested candidates shall submit (send) their CV in Russian and English to the following address, and, if necessary, apply for additional information from 8:00 to 17:00 from Monday to Friday. The deadline for submission of proposals is March 11, 2021 until 17:00 (local time):
Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Tajikistan
Ac. Rajabovs 3 str., Dushanbe city
Phone No.: +992 37 221-02-34
Fax: +992 37 221-67-43