PROJECT ASSISTANT for “Mother Child Health: Family Planning” project
|Work experience:||At least 3 years of experience in implementation of Family Planning related projects in development context with International or NGOs|
|Location:||Dushanbe with frequent visit Tursunzoda, Shahrinav, Hisor and Norak|
|Type of Contract:||Labor Agreement till end of the year with possibility of extension|
Good Neighbors is an International non-profit humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. Good Neighbors International works in 44 countries and focus on community development to protect children’s rights and encourage the self-reliance of community.
Good Neighbors exists to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. Good Neighbors respects the human rights of the most vulnerable regardless of age, gender, culture, ethnicity, disability and religion and helps them live in self-reliance.
In alignment with our mission, Good Neighbors believes that all people’s human rights should be respected, and we recognize that we have a responsibility to protect their rights and to prevent any form of harm. Therefore, Good Neighbors has zero-tolerance towards any action that leads to the physical, sexual and/or psychological harm, violence, exploitation and emotional abuse especially for children (any person under the age of 18), women and vulnerable adults.
Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All employees and partners must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause, please see https://www.goodneighbors.org/who/account .
Good Neighbors International in Tajikistan (GNIT) has been working in Tajikistan since 1998. The objective of GNIT is to improve the lives of people, especially children through education, community as well as emergency relief projects. GNIT is working with the key stakeholders such as Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labor and migration, Committee of Women Affairs, Local authorities, INGOs UN and donor agencies such as, EU, GIZ, UNICEF, WFP, and others in an integrated approach to connect poor and vulnerable communities to quality education, health, water and sanitation services.
Good Neighbors International in Tajikistan is currently looking for an experienced PROJECT ASSISTANT for “Mother Child Health-Family Planning” Project.
Interested candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform (GNT Application Format ONLY).
- Program implementation and planning
- Plans, develops, and designs Family planning training programs, including preparation, facilitation, and follow-up.
- Conduct trainings, awareness raising campaigns and education sessions on Family Planning (modern contraceptives or natural techniques and health of women during pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal period).
- Participate and contribute in reviewing program and conducting surveys.
- Collaborate with local PHC health specialists and community initiative members to determine community Family Planning needs.
- Liaise with other agencies who implement activities related to the Family Planning issue at rayon, sub-rayon and community levels.
- Maintain databases, mailing lists, telephone networks, and other information.
- Program monitoring and delivery of results
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Submit narrative activity reports, Semiannual and Annual Progress Reports (APR) reports on Family Planning in accordance proposed GNT reporting requirements and in timely manner to Project Coordinator.
- Knowledge, Skills and Learning Required
- Ability to develop and deliver required results.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to conduct health education sessions to adults and children audience.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions in the report.
- Knowledge of country PHC health system and Family Planning.
- Knowledge of Family Planning education theory and practice.
- Skill in the use of related software applications.
- Qualification required
- Medical or Public Health degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience required
- Experience in designing of modules, reports, tools;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conflict prevention skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Excellent Tajik and Russian language skills, English is preferable;
- Strong training & facilitation skills;
- Ability to work at stressful conditions and with the minimum supervision.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Due to the urgency of the position, received resumes will be reviewed and interviews conducted.
ONLY GOOD NEIGHBORS INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION FORM SHALL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SHORT-LIST. Please download attached GNT-Application-Form fill it and send to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org .
For additional information: