Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
|Work experience:||1-2 years of experience in the implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international INGOs/ Government|
|Duration:||for 1 year with possibility of extension|
|Reporting line:||Project Coordinator|
Good Neighbors is an International non-profit humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. Good Neighbors International works in 44 countries and focus on community development to protect children’s rights and encourage the self-reliance of community.
Good Neighbors exists to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. Good Neighbors respects the human rights of the most vulnerable regardless of age, gender, culture, ethnicity, disability and religion and helps them live in self-reliance.
In alignment with our mission, Good Neighbors believes that all people’s human rights should be respected, and we recognize that we have a responsibility to protect their rights and to prevent any form of harm. Therefore, Good Neighbors has zero-tolerance towards any action that leads to the physical, sexual and/or psychological harm, violence, exploitation and emotional abuse especially for children (any person under the age of 18), women and vulnerable adults.
Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All employees and partners must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause, please see https://www.goodneighbors.org/who/account .
Good Neighbors International in Tajikistan (GNIT) has been working in Tajikistan since 1998. The objective of GNIT is to improve the lives of people, especially children through education, community as well as emergency relief projects. GNIT is working with the key stakeholders such as Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labor and migration, Committee of Women Affairs, Local authorities, INGOs UN and donor agencies such as, EU, GIZ, UNICEF, WFP, and others in an integrated approach to connect poor and vulnerable communities to quality education, health, water and sanitation services.
Good Neighbors Tajikistan now searches for an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant based on Dushanbe, Head Office with frequent travel to regions. S/he will ensure that quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation tools are systematically implemented and used by the teams. Lessons learnt and best practice collected and documented, day by day monitoring, the baseline and end-line survey conducted, data analyzed/shared with the project staff, Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) developed and updated constantly, progress against indicators reflected in donor reports, case studies shared with donors.
- Assessment and Design
- Assist in design process of the baseline, needs assessments, situation analysis, development of implementation plans, M&E plans, as assigned by Coordinator and GNIT M&E Officer.
- Assist in preparation of high quality M&E plan, DIP and ensure that every project under his/ her profile have these tools completed, updated and in place.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to project sites and provide detailed monitoring reports to the project staff.
- De-brief staff on gaps in implementation process and provide recommendations.
- Lead in conducting program/project baseline and end line evaluation and evaluation reports preparation.
- Present the baseline and end line findings to project staff.
- Develop case studies, success stories and lesson learnt.
- Maintain data base, keep correct disaggregated data.
- University degree in Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences or related field.
- Good in written and spoken in English, Tajik and Russian is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within an international organization or through contracts issued by international organizations for M&E functions.
- Experience with ODK and/or KoBo Toolbox is highly valued together with experience in using other statistical software packages (STATA, SPSS, R).
- Experience in implementing field surveys and administering focus group discussions.
- Database management skills will be considered a very strong asset and highly valued.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both Tajik and English.
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Thematic knowledge in areas related to climate change, agriculture, and disaster risk reduction (DRR) or related fields, through academic study or professional experience, will be highly valued.
- Good training & facilitation skills; Good report writing skills; Ability to work with the minimum supervision.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Due to the urgency of the position, GNT will review potential applications and conduct interviews during the announcement period.
ONLY GOOD NEIGHBORS INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION FORM SHALL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SHORT-LIST, recommendation letters are welcomed. Please download GNT-Application-Form fill it and send to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
For additional information: