SCOPE OF WORK
Agribusiness Competitiveness Activity in Tajikistan
Position: HR & Administration Assistant
Post category: Short-Term consultancy
Reports to: Operations Director
Location: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Timeframe: February – May 2023
Period of Assignment: 70 days
The USAID-funded Agribusiness Competitiveness Activity in Tajikistan (ACAT) supports agribusinesses in the diversification of product lines, which leverage promising domestic and international market opportunities and contribute towards a competitive, inclusive, and resilient agricultural sector. Winrock International (Winrock), together with subcontractor Making Cents International (MCI), implements ACAT using a market-driven, private sector-led approach to stimulate economic growth, increase employment, and improve livelihoods, by enhancing the competitiveness of micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs), primarily in the Khatlon region. Opportunities for MSME expansion and diversification include leveraging Khatlon’s off-season production capacity, attaining price premiums for improved quality and value additions, and improving dairy productivity and aggregation of milk to enhance food safety. This approach is coupled with the fact that agribusiness development in southern Tajikistan is relatively nascent and will require tailored activities to different levels of enterprise capacity.
ACAT has three objectives:
- Objective 1: Diversify the agricultural sector to include higher-value commodities and value-added products
- Objective 2: Strengthen linkages between aggregators, wholesalers, exporters, and international and domestic end-markets
- Objective 3: Partner and leverage resources to catalyze systemic change in the agribusiness sector
Purpose of Assignment:
In support of ACAT’s closeout process, the HR & Admin Assistant will assist in reviewing and uploading HR and Admin filing system. Besides that, the Assistant will carry out the routine HR & Admin tasks.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Under the oversight of the Operations Director, contribute to the HR & Admin process for the ACAT closeout. This will include reviewing all ACAT staff personnel files and developing a tracker on the availability of all files; digitalizing the personnel files and uploading them to HR online system.
- Ensure accurate tracking of leaves, maintain HR leave tracker, and assist in payroll preparation
- Prepare all types of HR related Memos and staff leave documents
- Make sure that copy of all staff timesheets is kept in a separate folder and update the timesheet tracker
- Review all Interoffice Memos and incoming/outgoing correspondences and make sure that all are registered and filed properly
- Support the Operations Director in filling the Operations documents for the archiving process
- Keep the office store organized and ensure that the necessary equipment & stationeries are stocked for staff
Deliverables (Required to be in English):
Monthly report to Operations Director on the progress made, which
- summarizes the progress made on each task (Personnel files tracker, AL tracker, timesheets tracker).
- updates on reviewing Interoffice Memos and outgoing/Incoming correspondences and registration of them in related registered.
- report on digitalizing of HR documents and uploading them into the HR system
- updates on review and preparation of files for archiving
- Higher education in the field of management, economics, finance, business administration, law or other related fields;
- At least 2 (two) years of experience in HR and administration in International organizations;
- Good knowledge of local legislation of Tajikistan;
- Fluency in English, Russian, and Tajik languages; and,
- Advanced computer skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should email a Cover Letter stating the position they are applying
for and Curriculum Vitae in English to ACAT.Recruitment@winrock.org. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. The deadline for submission of applications is 5:00 pm (Dushanbe time) on February 28, 2023.