Aga Khan Health Services
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tajikistan is looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Grant Officer based in Khorog. Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the incumbent is expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that grant/project reports are discussed with the project team and passed to the management within the required time schedules.
- Respond to respective queries in relation to these reports from management, donors and other stakeholders
- Review and analyze grant expenses while using the same as a monitoring tool to advise the management/donors on expenditure trends.
- Prepare donor financial reports and variance analysis to management, donors and other stakeholders
- Be a key player in the issues of grant accounting and management to ensure accurate coding of expenses and full compliance with AKHS’T internal and donor requirements.
- Confirm the budget availability on Request Orders submitted by staff
- Ensure that donor regulations are complied with in all grant transactions and processes.
- Keep management informed on all major compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps.
- Sampling and checking of vouchers on a routine basis as a tool of identifying possible inadequacies.
- Get involved in donor’s audits.
- Prepare monthly cash requests for AKF TJK.
- When requested by the Finance Manager, work with the Finance Officers in general accounting and carry out any requested audits, training, and support to project managers
- Support Finance Manager in developing Budgets and Plans.
- Prepare reports required on need base by management, government and other stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or a comparable professional qualification.
- Qualification of CAP/CIPA is desirable
- A minimum of 3 years of experience
- Experience in a multicultural / international environment would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with other departments and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey financial matters in a logical and clear format
- Commitment to the values and ethos of the AKDN.
- Honesty and integrity
- Able to deal with ambiguity in a fast-changing environment
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting and/or ERP systems
- Knowledge of accounting software iScala is an advantage
- Self-motivation and ability to work without supervision.
About the Agency
Aga Khan Health Services: With community health programmes in large geographical areas in Central and South Asia, as well as East Africa, and more than 200 health facilities including nine hospitals, the Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS) is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world. Building on the Ismaili Community’s health care efforts in the first half of the 20th century, AKHS now provides primary health care and curative medical care in Afghanistan, India, Kenya, Pakistan, and Tanzania, and provides technical assistance to government in health service delivery in Kenya, Syria and Tajikistan. More information……