I N V I T A T I O N FOR T E N D E R
for German-Russian translation of educational materials
Consolidation of CBR structures in Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan and further professionalization of social work training using the CBR approach
BMZ Programme number: 2020.2602.9/DCV0030, COT programme number: P.345-2020-002
- Caritas Germany
The German Caritas Association provides assistance in the management of natural disasters, along with a network of 162 independent national associations of Caritas, as well as implements social projects to support children, the elderly and people with disabilities in many countries around the world. Caritas Germany in the Republic of Tajikistan is a Branch of the German Caritas Association, founded in 1897, which is the largest association of social security in Germany. It mainly implements social projects in partnership with local government authorities and local public organizations with the financial support of the donors such as the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and European Union.
The activities of Caritas Germany in Tajikistan include four main program areas:
- social work with children and youth from vulnerable families, as well as with the elderly;
- social rehabilitation of people with disabilities through the implementation of a community-based rehabilitation (CBR) program;
- assistance in enhancing the professional competencies of social workers and developing the capacity of the national team of social work trainers to improve the professional education of social workers;
- DiDRR in the event of natural disasters.
- General Framework
From 2021 to 2023, the Branch of the Association Caritas Germany in Tajikistan is implementing the project “Consolidation of CBR structures in Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and further professionalization of social work training using the CBR approach” together with partners from Central Asian countries, which is the 4th phase of the project “Professionalization of Social Work Training and Consolidation of Community-Based Rehabilitation Structures in Tajikistan”, funded by BMZ.
The overall objective of the project is to make a sustainable contribution to promoting the inclusion of people with disabilities in all spheres of life and the realization of their rights in Tajikistan and neighboring countries of Central Asia – Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan through the application of the CBR program approach.
The specific goal of the project is to make exemplary contributions to the development of public welfare systems and the strengthening of state and non-state actors in the social sector of Central Asia through networking and standardization of education. The program activities of the project are carried out at three levels – macro-, meso- and micro-levels.
At the meso-level the project intends to translate educational materials (mostly books) from German into Russian language. Translation should be conceptual and of high quality, additionally the translator has to know terminology used in the educational sphere in depth. In this regard, The Branch of Association of Caritas Germany of Tajikistan announces a competition among German-Russian translators.
- Required skills and experience
- Knowledge of technical terminology in the Education sphere is a must;
- Experience in translating educational documents from German into Russian is desirable;
- Experience in the social sphere is desirable;
- Required documents for participation in the competition:
- Commercial offer indicating all terms of service. The cost of services should be final, include all taxes stipulated by the legislation of the country and other expenses.
- Legal and physical Address of Supplier.
- All legal juridical documents for companies
- All individuals must provide a copy of the passport, Updated CV, Diploma or Certificate proving the level of language knowledge;
- Full Bank account for Bank transfer of payment;
- Payment for interpreter services
Payment for the translation services will be made after the completion and acceptance of the tasks, written in this announcement based on the framework documents and conditions indicated there.
The evaluation criteria will be:
- Duration of services
- Experience in this field
- Terms of payment
All interested applicants can submit their technical proposal in electronic format no later than September 27, 2021 till 17:00 to e-mail: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the topic “German-Russian translation of educational materials”. Contact number: 935770095
All bids should clearly specify whether all of the above conditions will be accepted. Bids, WHICH are not or only partly in conformity with the tender terms and conditions risk to be excluded from participation.
Branch of the German Caritas Association in the Republic of Tajikistan reserves the right to notify only one service provider, which will be selected based on the results of the consideration of commercial offers.