|Work experience:||minimum of 3 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment|
|Type of involvement:||Labor contract|
Good Neighbors is an International non-profit humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. Good Neighbors International works in 44 countries and focus on community development to protect children’s rights and encourage the self-reliance of community.
Good Neighbors exists to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. Good Neighbors respects the human rights of the most vulnerable regardless of age, gender, culture, ethnicity, disability and religion and helps them live in self-reliance.
In alignment with our mission, Good Neighbors believes that all people’s human rights should be respected, and we recognize that we have a responsibility to protect their rights and to prevent any form of harm. Therefore, Good Neighbors has zero-tolerance towards any action that leads to the physical, sexual and/or psychological harm, violence, exploitation and emotional abuse especially for children (any person under the age of 18), women and vulnerable adults.
Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All employees and partners must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause, please see https://www.goodneighbors.org/who/account .
Good Neighbors International in Tajikistan (GNIT) has been working in Tajikistan since 1998. The objective of GNIT is to improve the lives of people, especially children through education, community as well as emergency relief projects. GNIT is working with the key stakeholders such as Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labor and migration, Committee of Women Affairs, Local authorities, INGOs UN and donor agencies such as, EU, GIZ, UNICEF, WFP, and others in an integrated approach to connect poor and vulnerable communities to quality education, health, water and sanitation services.
GNI Tajikistan develops and implements programs that are in line with organizational strategy, the GNIT framework, Project cycle management and serve the best interests of beneficiaries, stakeholders and donors. Good Neighbors International in Tajikistan now searches for an experienced Finance Officer.
S/he will ensure that the finance activities will support the organization in Tajikistan in pursuing its mission with a minimum of risk and a maximum of efficiency. High level of confidentiality and personal data protection.
Interested candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services (GNT Application Format ONLY, copy of documents evidencing appropriate qualifications and skills, experience and competence related to the task, description of similar tasks performed, references, etc).
The candidates’ minimal qualification requirements are:
- Bachelor Degree on Finance, accounting or other relevant
- Fluency in written and spoken English/Tajik and Russian.
The Finance Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist and advice Finance Manager and Project Coordinators to manage the cash flow to ensure timely and secure transfer of funds to meet program needs, liaising with local bankers as required and provide the necessary checks and balances to ensure that money is spent effectively, efficiently and in line with donor requirements.
- Work with Finance Manager in preparation and generating of GNIT monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Take appropriate steps to minimize the risk of fraud or theft in field offices.
- Ensure the security of all cash and assets (e.g.: regular cash and bank reconciliation, cash count, fixed asset and inventory physical checks).
- Review and check supporting documents in Docswave and comment on errors, discrepancies, lack of supporting documents and follow up with requestor to ensure revised documents are re-submitted;
- Check supporting documents to make sure Financial Manual, Procurement Manual, HR Manual, Travel Manual, and other policies and procedures are followed;
- Provide necessary support and recommendations to staff regarding Donor rules and regulations and organization’s policies and procedures;
- Check documents to make sure local legislation followed properly;
- Prepare payment orders in online banking system as well as hard copy of payment and make sure Finance Manager and DCD approve payments before execution;
- Follow up payment orders with the bank to make sure all transactions processed correctly and on time;
- Run necessary documents (memorial orders, bank statements etc.) from online banking system and archive them;
- Register transactions in the accounting software QuickBooks;
- Support Finance Manager during month- end and year –end closure process;
- Support in archiving of scanned documents;
- Ensure the Project finance reports are submitted accurately and on timely manner;
- Perform any other duties assigned by Finance Manager.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Experience of computerized accounts packages (Quickbook), Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Familiar with International Accounting Standards.
- Analytical skills – the ability to analyze complex financial data and design and produce effective management information.
- Experience of budgeting and budget management.
- Understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines.
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Due to the urgency of the position, GNT will review potential applications and conduct interviews during the announcement period.
Further information and Terms of reference (for getting detailed information) can be obtained during the interview with the potential candidates
ONLY GOOD NEIGHBORS INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION FORM SHALL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SHORT-LIST, recommendation letters are welcomed. Please download attached GNT-Application-Form, fill it and send to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org .
For additional information: