|Work experience:||2 years of experience in working with a corporate or an INGO environment in the same position|
|Location:||Dushanbe, HO, Dushanbe|
|Type of Contract:||Labour Agreement|
Good Neighbors is an International non-profit humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. Good Neighbors International works in 40 countries and focus on community development to protect children’s rights and encourage the self-reliance of community. Good Neighbors Tajikistan (GNT) has been working in Tajikistan since 1998. The objective of GNT is to improve the lives of people, especially children through education, community as well as emergency relief projects. GNT is working with the key stakeholders such as Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labor and migration, Committee of Women Affairs, Local authorities, INGOs UN and donor agencies such as, EU, GIZ, UNICEF, WFP, SCO and others in an integrated approach to connect poor and vulnerable communities to quality education, health, water and sanitation services.
Good Neighbors exists to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. Good Neighbors respects the human rights of the most vulnerable regardless of age, gender, culture, ethnicity, disability and religion and helps them live in self-reliance.
In alignment with our mission, Good Neighbors believes that all people’s human rights should be respected, and we recognize that we have a responsibility to protect their rights and to prevent any form of harm. Therefore, Good Neighbors has zero-tolerance towards any action that leads to the physical, sexual and/or psychological harm, violence, exploitation and emotional abuse especially for children (any person under the age of 18), women and vulnerable adults.
Good Neighbors Tajikistan is currently looking for an experienced Finance Assistant responsible for ensuring the financial policies and procedures are in place and followed, assisting Finance Manager with analysis of portfolio, and liaising with Sub-offices in Tajikistan. High level of confidentiality and personal data protection
- Financial Accounting, Reporting, and Control:
- Provide a high standard of financial accounting, ensuring compliance to local statutory law and GNT/GNI accounting policies.
- Assist to ensure accounting systems, policies, internal controls and procedures are quickly established for the collection of accurate, complete and timely financial data.
- Assist and advice Finance Manager to manage the cash flow to ensure timely and secure transfer of funds to meet programme needs, liaising with local bankers as required and provide the necessary checks and balances.
- Work with Finance Manager in preparation and generating of GNT monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Prepare financial reports and proposal budgets and send them for Finance Manager review.
- Ensure all donor requirements (financial & reporting) are complied with and that proposals and reports are submitted on time.
- Payroll management
- Calculate the payroll and payroll control sheet (in accordance with up-to-date staff list, starters, leavers, pay scales & increases, time sheets, sick leaves, holidays, budget codes etc.
- Ensure tax and other statutory deductions are deducted accurately and made payable to salary and taxes accrual accounts.
- University Degree on Finance, accounting or other relevant
- Good in written and spoken in English, Tajik and Russian is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Labour and Tax codes
- In-depth knowledge of salary taxation reporting process to local relevant institutions
- Qualification in Finance and Accounting
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications especially MS EXCEL, experience of working with QuickBooks finance software
- Good analytical and calculation skills
- Ability to work in team under strict deadliness
- Knowledge of donor requirement and regulations will be preferable
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Due to the urgency of the position, received resumes will be reviewed and interviews conducted.
ONLY GOOD NEIGHBORS INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION FORM SHALL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SHORT-LIST, recommendation letters are welcomed. Please download attached GNT-Application-Form fill it and send to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com .
For additional information: